I need help! Our cat has been horrendous since Grace was born. Jealous, mean and antisocial. He bites her if left unattended, yet insists on laying RIGHT underneath her play table where all her toys are. If Grace was being mean to him, then I would say the she deserved it, but she's seriously not doing anything! She walks by that table and he bites her leg. She gets so excited when she sees him too and I feel horrible, but he hates her. She pets him so nicely (I'm right there watching) and he bites her RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!
Since he started doing this, he's been locked in our sunroom, where his litter box is as well as his food and water. He prefers it back there actually. He won't come in unless Kris is home. Kris is the only one he likes, other than my mom and brother. He hates and is so mean to me and Grace. I feel so torn. He was my first baby, but he doesn't like me now. I feel like he is locked up all the time. I feel guilty but he's biting my daughter!! And I fear for Luke's safety too. He clearly isn't a kid cat and he's only 3. I talk to Kris about it and he gets sad at the thought of getting rid of him. He says to do it this week so he doesn't know... I feel like that's unfair because then it's my fault he's gone.
I was thinking of calling the shelter we got him from and telling him our situation. He deserves better and he clearly needs an adult-only home! Do I stick it out and see of it gets better? Do I keep him locked up? Do I let him out into the house and watch him like a hawk constantly? I am so confused... I don't know what to do, all I know is it is so wrong that he is biting my daughter!! The last bite was 3 days ago. I keep trusting him and he keeps biting her. I fear he will scratch her next because he swats at her already...
Since he started doing this, he's been locked in our sunroom, where his litter box is as well as his food and water. He prefers it back there actually. He won't come in unless Kris is home. Kris is the only one he likes, other than my mom and brother. He hates and is so mean to me and Grace. I feel so torn. He was my first baby, but he doesn't like me now. I feel like he is locked up all the time. I feel guilty but he's biting my daughter!! And I fear for Luke's safety too. He clearly isn't a kid cat and he's only 3. I talk to Kris about it and he gets sad at the thought of getting rid of him. He says to do it this week so he doesn't know... I feel like that's unfair because then it's my fault he's gone.
I was thinking of calling the shelter we got him from and telling him our situation. He deserves better and he clearly needs an adult-only home! Do I stick it out and see of it gets better? Do I keep him locked up? Do I let him out into the house and watch him like a hawk constantly? I am so confused... I don't know what to do, all I know is it is so wrong that he is biting my daughter!! The last bite was 3 days ago. I keep trusting him and he keeps biting her. I fear he will scratch her next because he swats at her already...
No comments:
Post a Comment