A blog (mostly) for my kids and (partly) for me

Friday, September 30, 2011

Well, poor little guy needed another chest tube on the right side this time. I feel like every time he finally gets a chance to heal and rest something else goes wrong. I know he could be much worse but man!! We need a break already! I want my boy home!

That was by-far the scariest thing I have ever experienced! Kris and I were sleeping with the curtain closed and Luke was being taken care of by his AWESOME nurse Mitch. Then all of a sudden we heard "Luke's mom & dad... you have to leave the room NOW. He needs another chest tube. We will get you when we are finished."

That was the scariest moment ever. We went and sat in the NICU unit (outside his room but not in the family waiting room). All I could do was cry. I'm not sure it if was hormones or what, but I have never cried like that in my life. I usually try not to cry in front of people, but I couldn't help it. I could tell his dr. was nervous, I could tell his nurse was nervous, I could tell everyone who walked by us "knew" something was very wrong with our boy. I kept denying it though and poor Kris... he had to keep telling me "he's fine" when I knew he was lying. I didn't care though, I wanted him to lie to me.

I didn't want to know the truth... we almost lost our son last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment