Let me preface by saying this is not a complaint (I know... Surprising). With Luke coming I'm getting nervous about our current routine. Currently I read Grace books until she falls asleep then put her in the crib. This used to take 15-20 minutes tops but now it's taking much more time. Since Kris got home from China she's been crazy with separation anxiety and it sometimes takes 45 minutes - 2hrs to put her down!! I can't imagine doing this alone with Luke and getting her down.
Ideally I'd like to get her where she goes down in the crib awake and puts herself to sleep after reading a book. She is capable of putting herself back to sleep (we sleep trained her using the Baby Whisperer) but can't put herself to sleep initially. The BW book never tells you how to get to that point. We are slaves to her room until she's asleep otherwise she freaks out and cries and the process starts again. The only thing is she recently started sleeping 9-8:30am straight through and it's wonderful!! I don't want to ruin this by forcing her to go to sleep by herself.
No comments:
Post a Comment