A blog (mostly) for my kids and (partly) for me

Friday, March 2, 2012

Another GI appt

And my big boy weighs 12lbs 2.6ozs!! I'm so proud of him! He's 24ins long. While he's still below 0% for weight he's doing well for him. His height-to-weight proportions are off because he weighs less than he should for his height but I don't care!! He's doing so good! He still spits up a ton but because his Upper GI series came back normal the doctor says he's just a spitter.

Luke is a very tall baby compare to Grace. He's already a full inch longer than she was at his same age. When Luke was born he was 1/2 and inch shorter than Grace was and now here he is taller than she was at his age. It's funny how that worked out! Grace is still very short. Some babies Luke's age are almost as tall as she is (30 3/4 inches). I am so happy that our girl is short and our boy is tall or else they might have cursed us as teenagers!!

Luke is on Nexium once a day and Zantac 3xs a day still. I was worried about the Nexium because I read something that says babies shouldn't be on it for more than 8 days. Apparently it's only supposed to be used to heal the damage. His GI dr says that the benefits outweigh the risks at the point so he will stay on it. But in the future his calcium has to be checked because it can cause osteoporosis in children. That obviously worries me but we are going to stick it out for now since its working so well!!

My little boy isn't so little anymore but I'm so happy he's doing better! He still has a long road ahead of him but it's a little less bumpy for him now. I can't believe he's over 12 lbs!! He proved he was a strong little boy in the NICU but he's proven it over and over again with this reflux crap. I don't know how/why I was blessed with such a special and strong boy but I am so grateful for him. Way to go Luke!!

No comments:

Post a Comment