My how time flies!! It's true that time flies when you are having fun. I can attest to that. My big boy is 6 months old (yesterday, but who's counting?). I'm so proud of him for what he's accomplished in 6 months time. He's been through more than most people his senior have. So strong. I couldn't be any prouder to be his mommy.
My boy went to the drs today. He got some shots (which are always awful) but the most amazing news!!! He gained weight!!! We weighs 14lbs 0ozs and is 25 1/4in long. He was just 12lbs 2.6ozs at his last GI appt about a month ago. He skipped 13lbs on the scale all together!! He's such a good boy!!
The only issue is his reflux is acting up again because his meds aren't strong enough for his weight. So he did all that work gaining weight like a big boy and now he has to deal with pain again. I feel awful!! I called his dr and he said to up his Zantac to 1.0ml 3xs a day instead of 0.7ml 3xs a day. He want him to continue with a 1/2 packet of Nexium 1x a day too. In my gut I just know the Zantac won't help him. He needs his Nexium upped too. But his dr isn't having it and we have to wait it out. I currently have a message in saying "I don't want to wait it out" so we will see.
He's in pain somewhat but his biggest issue is spitting up again. Don't get me wrong he's always spitting up. Puke and Luke go hand in hand after all. That's why my little man is Pukey Lukey!! :) But in all seriousness it's a ton more than usual. We were going days without bibs and I wasn't changing him constantly and I almost put the receiving blankets away (we use them for burp cloths). I was THIS CLOSE!! Then it all started again its almost like it was when he was loosing all his weight. I'm not sure he's even keeping anything down again. :( Makes me sad.
We've tried solids to help keep it down and he's just not having it. Spits it out at you and just doesn't "get it." We are trying pears tomorrow. Maybe the sweetness will entice him. It's more important getting the solids in him than going by my plan of starting with veggies like I did Grace. Oh well. We shall see tomorrow!!
Anyway! Luke is a pro at grabbing anything within a 3ft radius of him. He will swat cups, phones, remotes... Anything really out of your hands. His sister Grace is his biggest source of entertainment. He giggles whenever she starts jumping, singing, dancing or playing with him. He loves her with his whole heart (and she loves him too). If anyone told me I would be able to love my kids any more today than I did 2 months ago I would have told them they were crazy! But seeing them interact with each other has brought a whole new level of love to my heart. It's amazing to say the least!!
Luke also enjoys jumping in his jumperoo (which we bought for Grace but she never cared about). He likes playing with toys, yelling and fake coughing. He will smile if you just look at him and will laugh at just about anything. He only cries when he's bored, hungry, tried or in pain (like tonight. His legs hurt him so bad from his shots. :(). He's taking 4 7oz bottles of Neocate with rice in each bottle. He has 2 teeth and is working on 3 & 4. Sits up like a big boy, although still wobbly. Tonight he played with Kris and Grace and sat for a whole 10 minutes unassisted!! Wow! How far he has come in just 6 months.
I am so proud of my son. He is one of the absolute best things that has ever happened to me. He has showed me strength, endurance and how to be happy despite life sucking at times. He is the very best little boy I could have ever asked for!
Happy 6 months little man!! Mommy loves you Luke!!
No comments:
Post a Comment