That's what my 2 year old told me when I was putting her to bed. We were reading her books and out of nowhere she said "I had fun today." This was the very 1st time she has even shared an emotion or anything like this without us prompting her. I seriously almost cried! I asked her "you had fun today?" Just to be sure I heard her right and said "YES! Baby had fun today too" (baby is her baby doll who was in her crib all day by the way LOL!). Then she said "Oompa (Luke) had fun? Daddy had fun? Mama?" I just can't get over that she comprehended what fun was and that she knew she had had fun today and that she said it to me. What must go through her head that I'm not even aware of!
Today we did nothing too special. We went to a national historic sight, a huge mansion with hundreds of acres of grounds that are beautiful. Kris and I just walked around with the kids letting them explore. I took some pictures (which came out amazing and I will share soon) and we had a ball just walking around seeing the rocks, water, "pumpkins" and smelling flowers. We were there maybe 45 minutes. Otherwise we didn't do anything out of the ordinary.
This goes to show you that the little things do make a difference with them. Something so little and so insignificant (and free!!) made such an impact on my little girl. She had fun today! And how do I know it? She said it to me! Unprompted and full of joy. I love this little girl and I love that she loved today as much as I did. I will always remember today.
No comments:
Post a Comment