A blog (mostly) for my kids and (partly) for me

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Luke is 1!!

I can't believe it but he's 1! Where has the year gone? Happy Birthday baby boy. You are the strongest, sweetest, most loveable boy I have ever known in my entire life. You have proven that through this horrible year you have had. But you made it through, WE made it through and I couldn't be happier with who you've turned out to be.






Luke is saying a million words, walking, running, eating his father and me out of house and home. He is still not sleeping through the night, but he's healthy so I'll take it. I waited to do this post until after his GI appt. I'm so glad I did because we got the BEST news we have gotten regarding Luke in a long time.

Surprisingly not much going on. He's healthy as a horse (FINALLY!!). We had his 1yr appt Tuesday and his GI appt today. He weighs 22lbs 8ozs and is 29.5in long. He went from the 20th%tile last appt (about 3 months? ago) to the 42nd%tile today. He was failure to thrive just 6 months ago and now he's almost the size of his 2yr old sister (who is 25lbs and 33in at 2yrs).

Anyway, he is fully on WCM now (no allergy!!), eating all table food. He is walking, talking and keeping up with his sister like it's nobody's business. He is so smart, ahead in all his milestone and every.single.one of his drs is amazed. He has made a complete turnaround. He went from this weak little thing 6 months ago to this bruit.

Best news of all... his GI RELEASED him!! He no longer has to go EVER. He said he's never seen anything like this and L doesn't need him anymore. He's "normal" for all intents and purposes. Just amazing!





And here's his last time sitting on the GI dr's table:


And his giving Dr. Tron a high 5!




When they tell you the 2nd one grows up faster, they sure weren't kidding.

I love you Luke Kristopher. More than you will ever know. <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment