We went to MOPS today... It was our 2nd time. I thought it would be simple to leave Grace in the nursery since she did so well last week. Boy was I mistaken! She started crying walking down the hall! I left her in there anyway, hoping she would (please??) stop crying and play, but no. My girl wanted her mama! So poor Luke had to be passed off and Grace was expected to sit quietly with me. Have you ever gotten an 18 month old to sit still and quiet for 1 and a 1/2 hours? It's impossible!
So I'm shoving gold fish at her, toys, Luke's bottle... Anything to get her quiet. Nothing works! Eventually I surrendered to the fact that my daughter just didn't want to behave today and the stares were horrible. I'm not sure it's worth it to go. At least at home she plays quietly sometimes and Luke has his swing.
Now the question is, do I go back?
I would probably go back. It took B a couple weeks to be okay in the church nursery. Sometimes she still does cry when we leave, but the girls say she's fine within 2 minutes.
ReplyDeleteIt is hard keeping an 18 month quiet!!
That's a shame you were getting stares though.
I will most likely be going back. I was just so disappointed with hoe yesterday went. It's tough for Grace because we haven't been back to church since Luke was born. She was doing so well too, but then we got out of the swing of things. We are starting back again this Sunday and I'm so anxious about how it's going to be.
ReplyDeleteThat's nice to hear about B and that there might be hope for Grace. She started with separation/stranger anxiety at 6 months old and it has just never stopped.