There's just something so funny about your newborn AND your toddler being in diapers at the same time. I guess I just never imagined all the diapers I'd be changing when I thought about having our kids close together. It seems that I am always changing one of their diapers.
Grace fights it because she either has a rash (this child seems to ALWAYS have a rash) or she wants to play with everything around her. Once I'm done changing her diaper I feel like I have just run a marathon. I'm exhausted, but I also feel accomplished.
Luke is just a skinny little chicken who likes to squirm. He also like to push up with his legs so that this bum is in the air and the diaper won't stay under him. Trying to get him back in a diaper is such challenge! It's like a victory once I have that diaper closed on him. He just lays there and laughs at me because for some reason he enjoys diaper changes. My little weirdo.
It's so funny how two kids could be so different. Even down to their diapers. Just for fun I took pictures of each of their diapers together so I could document at any given time what size their were in compared to the other.
Here's their diapers from the time Luke came home until about 2 weeks ago. This is Grace's size 3 diaper on the left and Luke's size NB diaper on the right.
And here's their diapers currently. Still Grace's size 3 on the left (she's been in size 3 since 9 months old, crazy girl) and Luke's size 1 on the right.
I wonder if they will ever be in the same size at the same time... I guess that depends on whether Luke will catch up or if I get Grace potty trained soon. It's kinda odd how nostalgic diapers can be to a mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment