A blog (mostly) for my kids and (partly) for me

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Perpetual diaper rash

Grace seems to ALWAYS have a diaper rash. We've changed diapers, wipes, soap, and diaper cream a million times. She got her 1st rash at 4 days old and has probably had 30 since them. The last 6 months I'm not sure she's gone a month without one. It's blistered before and bleed in the past. I've the dr on multiple occasions and they always say "keep doing what your doing." We've done no wipes just water, naked time, baths with baking soda and I change her as soon as she gets wet. 

We've used multiple diaper creams. Desitin, Desitin Max, Rx cream, California Baby, Bordeauxs, Butt paste, Utter Butter, (I'm sure there's more) and vasoline. Vasoline always seems to work the best, but it's never completely gone. It's not a yeast infection, she's had that too. We've used Pampers, Huggies Little Mover, Huggies Snug & Dry, and now we are using Up&Up. 

I thought it was getting better and it was almost gone, then yesterday it was back to blisters and pain. I feel bad for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment