A blog (mostly) for my kids and (partly) for me

Friday, January 6, 2012

CIO


So I broke down and did CIO with Grace. After 17 months of horrible sleep habits I was getting frustrated. The last few weeks I have been standing by her crib and she just stares at the wall for 45 minutes then finally goes to sleep. It's exhausting. So last night after staying in her room for 30 minutes and her staring at the wall I just left her to cry. She fell asleep in 10 MINUTES! The last time I did this (or tried) she cried for 45 minutes and showed no signs of stopping. So for nap I got up the nerve to just put her in her crib and leave. It worked! She cried for maybe 7 minutes at most then fell asleep! That was at 11:45. It's almost 1:45 now! She never sleeps this long! I'm so excited! I'm so glad I didn't chicken out (I called my Kris crying when I left her room).

No comments:

Post a Comment