A blog (mostly) for my kids and (partly) for me

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It's official...

My MIL is officially flying in from California to meet Grace for the 1st time. The tickets have been purchased so there's no turning back now. She flies in on 7/24 and leaves 7/31. I am going to die! Kris started his new job in March so he can't take any time off (except for Luke's birth). This means I get a fun-filled week with my lovely MIL all by myself! She is going to drive me nuts! Hopefully I can get her buy lots of things for the new baby and distract her with guilt shopping for not having met her granddaughter after 10 months.

I am very bitter towards her for not coming sooner and supporting her son after his 1st child's birth. His dad passed away when he was 18, so he could have used his mom's help. She left him when he was 8 to move to CA and just left him and his sister with his dad (who was an awesome parent to him by the way). Also she is constantly telling him how she demands respect from him because she has her masters and 2 PhD's and she believes education is the only thing that equals respect, not what type of person you are.

Every phone conversation ends in how he doesn't respect her, his step-mother is a whore and his dad beat her (which he did not). Kris' own sister came when Grace was 6 weeks old to meet her (she lives in CA also). Why his mother didn't is beyond me... And now I have to be the one to entertain her while Kris is working all day until 6:30 every night. Why do I have to be subjected to her visit and Kris gets off Scott free a work? I am slightly envious. He owes me big time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment