Here are the kiddos "helping"
Then the shopvac came out and they did.not.like.it!!
Big girl helping daddy.
This was after day 1: Thanks Luke for getting that pic haha! My did day 1 of demolition. Kris and I were at her house installing her new roof. Thanks mama!
Day 2: Taking down the brick... again!
And finally after my mom, Kris, me and the kids got our hands on that stove we were done! Yay. That brick was gone.
Then we go the bright idea that we would lower our fireplace to the floor instead of having it raised. Yeah, poor Kris had "fun" doing this! Luke helped.
This is the mess our living room was in for like a week. Ugh. The new firebox took like 3 weeks to get here and we just sat with a duct taped wall with a kerosine heater in front of it for 3 weeks. Real klassy. Oh well.
Then that firebox finally came in and Kris got it working. How glorious!!
Then we built the mantle! From scratch. It was actually surprisingly easy. Only took one afternoon while the kids took an insanely long nap for us. Then Kris spackled and the last of that ugly brick was gone!! Hip Hip Hooray!!!!
Then I painted to surprise Kris. And I staged it with a dinky mirror just to get the idea. I tell you painting the mantle put me into the Christmas mood big time. I just can't wait to decorate that mantle. I'm in love.
Our living room before. Notice the ugly stairs in the background too. WOW!!
And the after: Luke got in that one too. Haha!
And I spent all week trying to find the perfect tile, accessories and mirror for my new mantle. Found a $20 mirror at TJ Maxx and some accessories at Home Goods!! Yay!
Then after weeks of trying to decided on tile and me not finding anything I liked. At Home Depot. It was like the angels were singing to me. I was in love!!! Over tile. So pathetic.
Now I have to buy more and actually put it up, but for now I have it standing next to the mantle. I will get there soon. I just love my mantle, though!! And no one will get hurt again on it, so that makes it even sweeter!!
No comments:
Post a Comment