A blog (mostly) for my kids and (partly) for me

Thursday, February 28, 2013

17 months

Luke is 17 months. He is walking, pretends in the play kitchen, plays ball, drives cars around, plays with the train table, colors, is saying 20 words, plays with baby dolls, runs, jumps, gives kisses and hugs, "reads" books, and does or plays with anything is big sister does. He "sings" the ABC's, tries are hard as he can to do everything Grace does. His best friend is his sister, they do everything together. It's really stinkin' cute! He adores Elmo, but is not at all a fan of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (which is his sister's favorite show). He's a funny, funny boy, always a goofball. I can tell he's going to be the class clown in school. I imagine getting phone calls home from kindergarten starting with "do you know what your son did today??" He's almost done teething, like forever! He's getting eye teeth #2, 3, and 4. Then he has his 2 year molars and we are in the clear! I can't wait! This boy is a miserable teether. It goes on for weeks and weeks. Poor little guy. Luke is just over 30lbs and almost as tall as Grace. We got back to the dr in a month for his 18 month check up. I cannot believe how quickly these past 17 months have gone!

It's a really fun time, but also very trying. 17 months has started temper tantrums also, but for the most part it's so fun! Luke is very independent, and I'm realizing every day that he isn't going to be my baby for much longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment